Written Statement of Services and annual charges
Do you have a question about your written statement of services?
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) below to see if we have the answer. If you can't find the answer, get in touch.
What does the management fee pay for?
- Round-the-clock, 24/7 services via our:
- Improved online services so you can report repairs, view your account and pay bills easily and conveniently.
- 24/7 Customer First Centre for when need to talk to us.
- Our repairs service will deal with (weather permitting):
- emergency repairs within four hours, with no callout fee
- common repairs within 30 days.
- Putting in place value-for-money buildings insurance, and our policy covers you, even if your neighbours haven’t paid
- Collecting your neighbours’ share of costs for insurance, repairs, and other services including debt recovery action.
- Arranging owners meetings and votes on works
- Project management
- Highly-trained, professional staff that hold recognised professional factoring qualifications.
- Keeping you informed about our and other services, and changes that could affect you as a home owner through our newsletters and other communications.
When will I receive my common charge bill?
Your common charge bills will continue on the same schedule as last year. Your bills will be issued on 1 April, 1 July, 1 October and 1 January.
Why did I not receive a written statement booklet this year?
To keep costs low, we have not issued a new booklet. Instead we have sent out a ‘key updates’ factsheet which highlights where we have made amendments. The full booklet is available online or we can send you a new copy on request.
Why did I receive a Direct Debit form?
A lot of customers call us asking to set up a Direct Debit. We have included the form for you to complete and return if you wish to set up a Direct Debit. Direct Debit is the quickest and easiest way to pay your quarterly common charges and allows you to spread the cost in monthly instalments.
Why can I only pay by Direct Debit on two dates within the month?
The Direct Debit guarantee states that we need to notify you if your payments are going to change for any reason. These two dates mean we can give you the maximum notice of any changes and it also give us enough time to notify the bank.
I have received my contents insurance schedule. When will I receive my Contents insurance bill?
We have to send your new schedule a month before your bill to give you time to make any changes before any payments are taken. Your contents insurance bill will be issued later in April.
Why have my close cleaning and maintenance charges increased?
Where these service charges have increased it is because of an increase in our costs and is in line with the rate of inflation.
Do I need to take any other action?
No. Your bills will be issued as normal and if you currently pay by Direct Debit this will automatically be adjusted.
How was the insurance provider appointed?
There was a full tendering process following EU procurement rules. Our requirements were for a policy that was at least as good as our current policy, with minimal or no increase in premiums. Ageas won this. Customer premiums remain the same, are fixed to 2022 and the policy is enhanced.
What are the building insurance policy enhancements?
Continued low rates. Advice now offered for customers on health, medical, tax and identity theft – and additional cover for garden equipment. Garages and outbuildings are also now covered. There is a new definition of storm damage.
Why have my stair lighting charges increased/decreased?
In Glasgow the costs are passed on to Lowther from Glasgow City Council.
In Edinburgh, costs have been passed on by the suppliers for the last financial year. Rather than a one-off annual bill next year, we've added a service charge to customer common charges to spread these costs.
Why has my management fee increased?
The management fee has increased slightly to cover the management of the service and continual digital improvements such as our online savings scheme, MySavings.