Rights and responsibilities
A successful applicant will be offered a tenancy – a legal contract outlining the responsibilities of the tenant and us as the landlord.
The tenancy agreement includes:
- the term (duration) of the tenancy
- the rent payable
- procedures for rent review
- the landlord’s responsibilities for repairs and maintenance, covering structure and interior, installations, access and insurance
- the tenant’s responsibilities for repairs and maintenance, covering miscellaneous repairs, notice of repairs, interior, neglect and gardens
- the tenant’s right of succession, where applicable, and procedures for ending the tenancy
- the tenant’s rights to information and consultation.