Contents insurance

Do you have questions about our content insurance? Check out our FAQs.

If you don’t have contents insurance, or when your existing cover is due for renewal, we are happy to provide you with a competitive quote.

Our scheme offers standard and accidental damage cover as an option, as well as special rates for people aged 60 and over.

Unlike many other insurance policies, there is no excess on our policy. This means if you make a successful claim, you will receive the full amount of the claim. Any questions? We can help.

How much does it cost?

A full price list is available in our application pack.

  • If you are over 60, you can cover from £5,000 at £1.18 per month for standard cover and £1.56 per month for Extra Accidental Damage Cover.
  • Under 60s can insure from £8,000 at £1.90 per month for standard cover and £2.49 for extra accidental cover.
  • We can offer you insurance cover up to £35,000.

How do I make a claim?

You'll need to fill out a claim form. Call us on 0800 561 6666.

How can I pay?

  • Standing Order mandate
  • Direct Debit
  • Annually in advance
  • Pay in full.

Do I send the claim form back to Lowther?

No. The claim form should be returned to our assessor Cunningham Lindsey.

Can I have an assessor out immediately?

If it’s an emergency, for example you have no cooking facilities or your property is not habitable, you can contact Cunningham Lindsey on 0845 604 8901.

Cancellation request

If you want to cancel your cover, you need to request this in writing, unless the customer is deceased. We will confirm cancellation of your policy to you, in writing, within 10 days.

Can I change the policy?

Yes, you can make some changes. Please call us for further advice on 0800 561 6666.

I’m moving to a new address. Can cover be transferred to my new address?

Yes, in some cases. Please call us for further advice.