Is your tenancy coming to an end? Here's what you need to do.
If you decide to move out, you must give us a minimum of two months' written notice as detailed in the Tenancy Agreement. Your Tenancy Agreement is a legally binding contract.
On the day of moving out a Lowther member of staff will meet you at the property to talk you through the checkout. You must be there while the checkout is carried out.
Please check the handy list below of what you need to do before checking out. If you don't carry out any of these tasks it may delay the return of your deposit and could result in charges or deductions from your deposit.
We aim to return your deposit in full, so please take the time to:
- pay any outstanding rent and utility bills
- cancel your Direct Debit
- set up a redirection service for mail at www.royalmail.com/redirectmymail
- clean the property, including carpets, windows, ovens, cookers and extractor fan
- return the property to the same condition as in the inventory, taking into account fair wear and tear
- remove your personal belongings
- replace all light bulbs
- defrost the fridge and freezer - and leave both doors open
- fill any holes as a result of hanging pictures, television brackets or shelves - and paint the room
- reinstate any wallpaper or feature walls to a neutral colour in keeping with the original finish at the start of your tenancy
- return a minimum of two full sets of keys including any car park or key fobs.